[Avcheck] started getting errors...

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Aug 30 19:04:13 MSD 2005

Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 12:46:04AM +0200, Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:
[]
> PS And it turned out that I needlessly bought pricey unlimited mail
>    license, as avcheck uses file interface only...

I asked them this very question - which license do I need - several
times - their resellsers first, and their moscow office next.  No
answer.  The key question was whenever fileserver licensed drweb
will treat mail as "archive", or should some tool "un-mime" it first,
like amavis does.  And since our old license has expired and I got
no real reply, we switched to ClamAV.  We're running both still
(for about half a year already) - clamav and "hacked" version of
drweb (patched to be "unlimitedly-licensed") - I haven't seen any
case so far when clamav didn't detect a virus which was detected
by drweb.. but i've seen the opposite (which was fixed after the
next 'today' update).

Ergo: all commercial software sucks?

/mjt