[rbldnsd] dsbl dump to bind config

furio ercolessi rbldnsd@corpit.ru
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:17:49 +0100

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:01:24PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> >to not have to do that for simplicity's sake (the other admins would get
> >confused easily :) and the fact that our other blacklist (spamhaus's SBL)
> >is currently living in bind and is bind formatted (if there's a way/script
> >to stick the SBL into rbldnsd, I'd probably be happier to use it then :)
>
> Well.. i don't know whenever SBL published their data in other formats.

Not yet, but coming real soon.
SBL mirrors running rbldnsd (with the purpose of answering queries to
the whole world) already exist, but have not been rolled into production
yet due to some minor differences in the CIDR definition semantics
which at the moment are introducing slight differences between the
bind and the rbldnsd zones.  This is insane and it is being solved.

I expect that the zone in rbldnsd format will also be made available
soon (within 2003) at conditions similar to those requested for zone
transfers  [ http://spamhaus.org/sbl/howtouse.html ], using rsync
as distribution mechanism.

furio