[rbldnsd] Small problem when trying to start rbldnsd

James Nelson isp at eentertainment.net
Fri Nov 28 19:09:54 MSK 2003

Greetings,

	With the easynet.nl lists being taken offline in a few days, I am
scrambling to create our own backup of these lists and I have decided to use
rbldnsd as our way of hosting the records for our company.
	I have installed the RPM for the package and it appears to have run
flaslesly.  However, when I am trying to start the daemon it is failing.
Here is how my /etc/sysconfig/rbldnsd looks:

RBLDNSD="abuseat -r/home/sysadmin/ -b ###.###.###.###
cbl.abuseat.org:ip4set:list.test"

###.###.###.### is the IP address assigned to eth0 of the server it is
currently running  on.  When I restart the daemon, I get this error:

Starting rbldnsd: abuseat
rbldnsd: unable to bind to ###.###.###.###/53: Address already in use

Once again, ###.###.###.### is the IP assigned to eth0.  Can someone PLEASE
give me a hint as to why it is failling.  FYI, this machine is NOT running
any kind of firewall that may be blocking that port for some reason.

Thanks,
james