[rbldnsd] SOLVED: Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong?, Please?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Jan 22 01:46:19 MSK 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:18 -0500, David Cary Hart wrote:
>
>>All machine are Fedora 3. I added the second local IP listener as part
>>of debugging.
>>
>>Rbldnsd Configuration (machine "c"):
>>
>>RBLDNSD="dsbl -r/var/lib/rbldns/dsbl -b127.0.0.1 -b192.168.0.31 \
>>	local.rbl.tqmcube.com:ip4set:rblclients \
>>	hosts.rbl.tqmcube.com:dnset:rblhosts \
>>"
>
> <-----------snipping my own verbosity------------------>
>
> Since Bind is authoritative for tqmcube.com it will not use a forwarder
> for a sub-host. Simply changing the the rbldnsd zones to
> clients.tqmrbl.com and hosts.tqmrbl.com and then making the collateral
> changes to named.conf solves the problem.

There's another way to do that.  In your bind-served zone, add an NS
record for rbl.tqmcube.com pointing to the A record of your rbldnsd.
Optionally add $NS line to rbldnsd-served zones.

BTW, are you sure you want to use 127.0.0.1 address for rbldnsd?
Usually loopback address is used for recursive resolver.

> This little puppy (rbldnsd) is now housebroken and works like a champ
> (thank you very much).

You're welcome... ;)

/mjt