[rbldnsd] Newbie install question

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Mon Jan 24 19:30:22 MSK 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 10:58 -0500, me wrote:
>
>>First off I would like to say what a great program this is. I have it installed on a test system, PIII 450 128M, and no problems.
>>Now I am trying to install it on another system for production and I can't seem to get it right. When I go to run 'make install' I get the message "make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop."
>>Did I miss some configure options? I look through the email list archives and found one that pointed to a web page, but the web page is no longer there.
>>Any hints would be great help.

This reminded me that it was probably time I upgraded my version, I'm
still at 0.99. So, downloaded, configured and compiled and then:

make: don't know how to make install. Stop

This is 0.994. 0.0993-1 does the same (at least, the Makefile looks the
same). The Makefile is missing an install: directive. There is something
probably very obvious I've missed but I'm too tired to figure out waht.

> Use the RPM.

That's not much help on, say, FreeBSD. Not everyone uses redhat.

David