[rbldnsd] OT - some signatures are removed by mail list

William Leibzon william at completewhois.com
Sun Jan 30 03:15:29 MSK 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

> Looking at your post as source:
>
> ---1747394880-911139019-1107042183=:19042

Interesting, I'm looking at raw data now. I think Pine got confused
because after mail list my signature was in 2nd layer MIME - the
first layer was multipart/mixed, then multipart-signated, then at
the end text/plain (but same thing is actually true about PGP
signed emails that came through this list).

However after I specifically went to security option in pine, it did
show my signature then, must be some unusual error that has to do
with pine s/mime support (which is not exactly perfect...).

And to be honest, the list is doing the right thing as far mime structures,
but encasulating signed portion within multipart but keeping its structure
and adding its own portion separate from it, must be rare list that actually
does it right that confused me....

---
William Leibzon
   mailto: william at completewhois.com
Anti-Spam and Email Security Research Worksite:
   http://www.elan.net/~william/emailsecurity/
Whois & DNS Network Investigation Tools:
   http://www.completewhois.com