[rbldnsd] Block phising attack

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Mar 2 12:11:48 MSK 2005

On Tuesday, March 1, 2005, 1:19:17 PM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Is there way I can block phising attack using may be rbldnsd with djbdns
> or BIND?

> For example www.msn-key.com is being used for phising attack. Is there
> anyway rbldnsd can rsync with any public database that collects phising
> addresses? OR is it something we need manually add to a blackhole list?

If you mean blocking by URIs contained in phishing messages,
there's data for that in ph.surbl.org, which you're probably
already using:

  http://www.surbl.org/lists.html#ph

If you mean blocking by sender IP address, ordinary RBLs should
help with that somewhat.

If you want to report phishing messages so they get added to
blacklists, etc. forward them with full headers and full body to:

  postmaster at corp.mailsecurity.net.au,reportphishing at antiphishing.org,
  spam at uce.gov,spam at mailpolice.com,scams at fraudwatchinternational.com

Jeff C.
--