[rbldnsd] rbldnsd and rbl-plus

Amos Jeffries amos at treenetnz.com
Thu Oct 6 12:55:42 MSD 2005

Steven F Siirila wrote:
> We still use MAPS RBL+ and it is one of the very few we do not run from
> rbldnsd.  I would like to find some time to convert this zone into rbldns
> format.  The most useful part of MAPS RBL+ for us is the dynamic IP listings.

If its the DYNIP list you have maps for you may want to check outthe
SORBS DUL list.
  dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

Matt:
	your last post (below) left me thinking here.
	does your dul above include the full MAPS list?

> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 05:14:48PM -0500, Matthew Schlosser wrote:
>
>>We use these to create rbldnsd compatible files.
>>
>>The code needed to be tweaked slightly to remain current, but we run a lot
>>of custom configurations so most the changes were made to make them
>>compatible with our setup.
>>
>>If you have a basic grasp of programming or have a friend who does, it isn't
>>hard work.  I think it took less than an hour to get a fairly fancy, custom
>>implementation working.
>>
>>-Matt

Amos Jeffries
amos at treenetnz.com
021 293 4049

Treehouse Networks Ltd
www.treenetnz.com

--
We are fast approaching the time when "packets from a M$ operating
system" is synonymous with "hostile behavior".