[rbldnsd] Re: rbldnsd-0.995 and duplicate entries

Amos Jeffries amos at treenetnz.com
Fri Oct 7 16:30:54 MSD 2005

Sami Farin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 08:55:40PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:

<snip>

> Surely.  I just happen to maintain a list whose format rbldnsd eats,
> and I haven't found an optimizer for the ip4set format, yet.
>
> If I hack -D option which spits out CIDRs, maybe I can
> pipe it to modified aggregate which makes saner "ranges".
> Yes.  I probably do that, if nobody knows of a program
> which optimizes the file like I wanted..

ah, right. Okay, since you asked.

Before aggregate became well-known I wrote this utility:
http://eyezone.mine.nu/source/monitor/index.php

It has been obsoleted by much of aggregate but it will also combine
sequential CIDR blocks. Output maps to CIDR boundaries where possible or
as full ranges where the boundaries do not match.
You can overrider the CIDR before building if you like but cutting teh
top half of make_range() in monitor_x.cpp.

I have not maintained it since aggregate came out and there have been
some major changes to the glibc libraries so you _will_ need to grab the
source and self-compile.

IP loading is a rough hack still, so it is slow on large lists.

Amos Jeffries
amos at treenetnz.com
021 293 4049

Treehouse Networks Ltd
www.treenetnz.com

--
We are fast approaching the time when "packets from a M$ operating
system" is synonymous with "hostile behavior".