[rbldnsd] rbldnsd and blackholes.us

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Oct 8 00:16:41 MSD 2005

Vlad Z wrote:
> Michael,
> thank you for your suggestions, my rbldnsd works fine now, effectively
> blacklisting the entire world.

Care to explain how?
The file, http://blackholes.us/zones/countries/countries.rbl, lists
each country in a separate subzone named after the TLD of that country.
So you either removed all the subzone definitions from it, placing
all ranges into the same level, or specified all subzones in turn
in your MTA configuration, or there's some bug somewhere.

> My next challenge is to exclude US and Canada from the list. Is there a
> way to avoid manual editing of countries.rbl and somehow override the
> configuration, excluding 2 zones from the file?

It depends on the answer to the above question.

/mjt