[rbldnsd] Excluding a CIDR range

Chris Gabe chris at borderware.com
Fri Dec 2 01:42:38 MSK 2005

furio ercolessi wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:29:39AM +1100, Matthew Sullivan wrote:
>

>>PS: I still think we should have some sort of 'super exclude' which
>>always overrides so people can whitelist their own ranges there the MTA
>>has no mechanism for this.
>>

>Yes yes yes this would be a very nice feature!
>
>Even if the MTA has a mechanism for this, it would still be useful.
>For instance an italian user could append at the bottom of DUHL all
>the Interbusiness.it static IPs with dynamic-like rDNS [ :-) ],
>but still block mails from XBL-listed IPs.
>
>furio

Thanks all, I knew this must have been seen before.
I agree the feature would be nice.
Furio your situation is much like mine.  400,000 ip's in a few thousand
various sized CIDRs that this one ISP "owns".  They all need to be
excluded from their RBL check.  It changes daily too.  rbldnsd can
handle that much, as 400,000 individual exclude ip's but it's a bit
painful.  Making a script to only expand /8 and larger just makes it
harder to script too, and not much smaller.

--

Chris Gabe                                     Phone: 905-804-1855 x283
Manager, Borderware Security Network           Fax:   905-804-1865