[rbldnsd] Feature Request: Zonefile Syntaxcheck

Tobias Knecht knut at knutix.de
Sat Aug 29 04:00:00 MSD 2009

Hi,

we are using rbldnsd for various things and it works just great.

We had a small idea that would be a perfect addition for our purposes. A
syntaxcheck option. When rbldnsd starts he is doing a check, but I want
to check the syntax not in the live system I would like to test it
within the creation process of the zonefile.

At the moment I have to start an instance of rbldnd with ip, port
binding, etc. ...

INPUT: rbldnsd --syntaxcheck 'name:type:file,file...'
OUTOUT: only error lines

That would be perfect. What do you think?

Thanks,

Tobias