Requirements for UDNS Install

Michael Tokarev mjt at corpit.ru
Thu Dec 1 12:29:51 MSK 2005

T kyer wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Kudos to you. Excellent software package. Does Everything I
> was looking for to include in my personal software without
> having to spend a year developing it.

Wow Thank you!

> Now, I'm using Win98se with the Dev-Cpp Gcc compiler and
> I'm having a terrible time trying to create a static
> library from your source code. I suspect from the error
> messages that I either don't have the right header files or
> the right libraries whatever they and linking to them.
>
> If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you please list
> the required packages and brief install instructions and
> recommendations or where to find them for my platform.

Hmm.  I never used "Dev-Cpp Gcc compiler", and I don't run
any version of win*.  You may have noticied that win32 port
ins't really finished (yet), -- there's some stuff in there
but I don't quite sure whenever it works or even compiles
even on native win32 environment, -- I can't check that due
to lack of win here.

So, for all the windows stuff I depend on contributions from
others.  I wanted to include complete win32 port in 0.0.8
version, but I haven't received a reply to my questions
concerning that port (there's a link on the webpage).

BTW, Did you try to compile it natively?

As of the errors you're getting (you didn't show them here,
did you? ;) -- it should be relatively easy to sort them
out I think, provided you actually show them... ;)

There's some minor stuff which is present on a POSIX system
but does not exist in at least native win32 libraries
(like, getopt() and inet_ntoa() and friends - I've simple
implementations of them here, ready to be included into
distribution) - and I've absolutely no idea whenever that
stuff is available with that "Dev-Cpp Gcc compiler" you're
using.

/mjt