Finally: udns-0.0.9

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Jan 16 01:02:52 MSK 2007

I just uploaded an async DNS stub resolver library, udns,
version 0.0.9, to the web site.

There are alot of changes since 0.0.8.  Basically, many
bugs has been fixed (and some shiny new ones has been
introduced, sure about that! :), the library become more
robust (esp. wrt non-EDNS0-aware nameservers), some porting
work has been done (in particular, not it should be much
easier to build it on a windows platform, but for that
I still don't provide any makefiles), and some more RR
types are now recognized.

There's a small API change in initialisation -
dns_init() now takes two arguments instead of one as before,
and there's new dns_reset() routine to reset a given context
to a 'pristine' state (with all the "super-defaults").
This is incompatible ABI change as well, but I didn't
increment the SO version number - because I plan more API
changes for 0.1 version, and because this is still 0.0.x -
like, "beta", "test" or whatever "release".

As usual, you can find the library (and some binary packages)
at its homepage, http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/udns.html .
See http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/udns/ directory for all the
files available.

And thank you, all the contributors, who sent me patches and
suggestions!

Enjoy.

/mjt