How to use "dns_new()" (I get "dns_new: Assertion `(copy->dnsc_flags & DNS_INITED)' failed")

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Feb 5 20:35:00 MSK 2011

05.02.2011 00:17, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> NOTE: I'm using udns 0.0.9-3 (Ubuntu 64 bits package). I've tryed to
> install the version 0.1 from sources, but after running ./configure,
> the resulting Makefile has no "make install" option.

I intentionally left out 'install' target - the library is very
simple (header file, the library itself - libudns.a - and the
manpage), so it's easy to copy it all to appropriate places.

When using shared libraries things are a bit more complicated,
but it's still trivial, and it is very system-dependent, and I
didn't want to introduce, say, libtool (and autoconf) dependency,
since that stuff is way bigger than the library itself.

/mjt