How to use "dns_new()" (I get "dns_new: Assertion `(copy->dnsc_flags & DNS_INITED)' failed")

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Feb 5 21:53:21 MSK 2011

2011/2/5 Michael Tokarev <mjt at tls.msk.ru>:
> By the way, you may prefer to actually run some caching
> nameserver locally, such as already mentioned unbound -
> it's trivial to set up, just install it, configure
> forwarders, and specify it in your resolv.conf as 127.0.0.1.

Installed and tested right now :)

> Note that this "special context" thing hasn't been in use,
> unlike all other parts of the library.  Usually an application
> does not care about additional contexts, using the default
> one.  But dnsget uses it sometimes, if non-default nameserver
> is specified.

Adding non default nameservers is an interesting feature.

In my Ruby wrapper for udns I'musing a "custom/special" context rather
than the default one. Reasons are that the Ruby user could try to
create N resolvers instead of just one, and in that case it's easier
each Ruby resolver to use a separate udns context, am I right? It also
aviods conflicts if I'm not wrong.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo