/usr/bin/ld: ./libudns.a(udns_resolver.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `dns_defctx' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Feb 13 00:15:23 MSK 2011

12.02.2011 20:46, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2011/2/8 Michael Tokarev <mjt at tls.msk.ru>:
>>> I just have a problem due to the fact that libudns is no longer part
>>> of Linux distros (they have old 0.0.9 version). I know your reasons,
>>> however it would be great if you would package it again :)
>>
>> Not all distros have it at all - for example it's not part of Debian.
>
> Well, in Debian and Ubuntu udns packages do exit (version 0.0.9):
>
>   http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=udns
>   http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=udns

I know what I'm talking about.  udns is not part of any released
version of debian.  See http://bugs.debian.org/408831 .
It was several years ago, and now I don't see any good reason to
not release the package, -- even if I will implement my plans,
it is possible to make the new API and current one to co-exist
nicely, so no API breakage will occur.  In 0.1 version all other
concerns are addressed too, also, thanks for all your good
testing, a few more bugs are now fixed.

/mjt