"make sharedlib" fails in OSX (ld: unknown option: --soname)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Feb 18 12:30:59 MSK 2011

2011/2/18 Michael Tokarev <mjt at tls.msk.ru>:
> The whole build system is supposed to build static library
> correctly.  For shared library, there's just too many details
> to cover, and I sort of expect the packagers who know their
> systems better than me to help creating appropriate build
> system.  Maybe I should just switch to autoconf & libtool,
> which works on many systems already, -- it is not a big
> deal to grow the package by some 500% at this time just
> for the build system to work :)

HI Michael, I understand. However I've realized that removing the
"-soname" option still makes "make sharedlib" to work on Linux. So
I've replaced this:

  sharedlib: $(SOLIBV)

  $(SOLIBV): $(SOBJS)
        $(CC) -shared -Wl,--soname,$(SOLIBV) -o $@ $(SOBJS)

with this:

  sharedlib: $(SOLIBV)

  $(SOLIBV): $(SOBJS)
	$(CC) -shared -Wl -o $@ $(SOBJS)

I still have to test it under MacOSX (but I don't have one XD).

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>