patch for building shared library on OS X

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Aug 22 10:34:31 MSD 2011

[Please excuse me for long delay answering - I was very busy]

On 18.08.2011 15:03, Nick Barkas wrote:
> Hi-
> I saw that there was a message on this list a few months back about
> not being able to build UDNS as a shared library on OS X. I have a
> patch to Makefile.in that makes this work by building a new dylib make
> target.

So, there are only 2 differences from the already existing .so case:
different extension (.dylib instead of .so) and different option
(-dynamiclib instead of -shared).

Does gcc understand -shared on this platform?  Or is this not gcc
but some other compiler?

Thanks,

/mjt