[Avcheck] Starting problems

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:40:53 +0400

Fridtjof Busse wrote:

[]
> Yeah, an it doubles. If you don't notice this (I just heard the hd
> working _very_ long), you get a real crash, after 10 minutes you got
> over 1000 mails

This is a problem with MTA (postfix+antivirus) in a whole.  Imagine
that someone sends *alot* of mails to your box (just like happened
with a loop) -- it will crash just the same way.   Interesting --
who was crashed?  Did you lower maxproc for avcheck in master.cf?
I saw a very overloaded my mailserver when I forgot to do so and
AvpDaemon was unable to handle more than 45 concurrent scan processes
(well, my machine was not able to handle that, avp was "fine" but
slooooow, and other processes also -- i486DX4/100, 128Mb).

[]
> Antivirus-Daemn@host.tld send me the headers, right (nice, I can't read
> a bit of the russian text :))

Russian text is an exampe -- you can either remove it or replace
with German (do not forget to set appropriate charset= there too).
Antivirus-Daemon is header from address, envelope is always empty
(i.e. mailer-daemon).  Again, this From line is a value of
$FROM variable inside a script, so configurable).  (BTW, @host.tld
was added by postfix).

> > I suggest you to remove global content_filter from main.cf
> > and move it into main.cf file
>
> Whoops, from main.cf to maincf? :)

A typo: from main.cf (global) to master.cf entry for smtpd...