[Avcheck] Re: Porting avcheck to Solaris

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:47:49 +0200

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 11:21:06AM +0200, Piotr Klaban wrote:

> It does the similar thing as 'wget --mirror'.
> It is described at http://oskin.msk.ru/avpe.html
> and is available for download from:
> ftp://oskin.macomnet.ru/pub/linux/misc/
>
> I looked into the source deeper now - it is not written
> for speed (it is a perl script), but has mostly clean implementation.
> It does the same as 'wget -m', but looks into the avp.klb and avp.set file
> for sizes and modification times. wget and other ftp mirroring
> methods can be based only on the 'ls -l' listing results.
> FTP method would not work properly on some mirrors that
> do not preserve modification times (there was such avp mirror
> in Poland).

I see. Do you see any problems in -- if I just want to use the Russian
main site -- just using "wget --mirror" ?

--
Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people