[Avcheck] Installing Kaspersky's AVP, AVCheck for FreeBSD4.x

Len Conrad LConrad@Go2France.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:14:32 +0100

>Do you still have that machine with bad behaviour?

no, the customer wiped it, and I'm melding your INSTALL.postfix with the
other Mike's hotwo for FreeBSD and re-installing.

>Just compare your two /dev/nulls with each other. -- Oh, Oh, Oh ma!
>Where was "13 2" come from?!?!?  This is from my message sent
>Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:28:58 +0300 (Re: real virus test?):
>
> > $ ls -l /dev/null
> >  crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   3 οΛΤ 24  2000 /dev/null
> > ^^^                                 ^^^  ^^^
> >
> > (1,3 will be different on FreeBSD).  First `c' is a device type,
> > character device in this case.  1 is major, 3 is minor.  So:
> >
> >  mknod /var/spool/avp/dev/null c 1 3
>
>Having your `ls -al' output above, you should create a device
>with major=2 and minor=2, as
>
>   mknod dev/null c 2 2

ok, but Mike Kop has this for creating the null:

cp -pR /dev/null /dev/console dev/

so maybe that's where the console device comes from?  :))

>Folks, how to set up chroot jail on (Free)BSD properly?  And why it
>is only Len who actually has troubles with this?  How this was done
>by others?

I really special.  one server worked, one didn't, I think I'll get it right
this time.

>And this is yet another reason to actually NOT use chroot jail at
>all -- it may be *far* worse than not using it -- if not set up
>properly... :(

yep, the chroot setup is extra and has to be done right, but I think it's
worth it.

Len