[Avcheck] Re: text message shouldn't be scanned?

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:53:14 +0300

adi wrote:

[]
> Did you ever try use DRWEBD_HEURISTIC_ON flag, Michael. I did it
> again, and got slower results (again).

Yes I tried.  Makes no difference for my postmaster's maildir, up to
1/10 of second.  As Sergey Akhapkin and Vsevolod Lutovinov (drweb
folks) explained, heuristic analisys makes sense for executable
format files (windows PE for example), so it is expectable that
heuristic_on should not affect performance on this test.  But I
fail to see how it was differ for you.  Hm -- maybe this is due
to ScanFiles = {ByFormat|All} ?

On ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/avcheck/avclient.c, there is a program
(stripped down avcheck) that I used for testing.  It accepts single
key argument, -s avsocket -- just like avcheck does, and expects
to see a list of files/directories to check in a command line.
It works with non-chrooted daemon ONLY, and all files to check
should be absolute paths (or else virusscanner daemon will not
find them).  This is a quick hack just to meashure performance.
This program was used here, like this:

 time ./avclient -s drweb:$HOME/drweb/test/sock $HOME/Maildir/.Postmaster/cur

(numbers posted here was from `time' command).