[Avcheck] inclusion / exclusion of envelope recipients

Luke Dudney luke.dudney@westnet.com.au
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:49:24 +0800

I have not played with avcheck a great deal beyond testing and customizing
the infected script.
I am wondering if there is an easy way to give avcheck a list of recipient
email addresses to scan and to simply pass all other addresses without
scanning.
I'm working in an ISP environment and we are setting up a system whereby
users must opt-in for their email to be virus scanned.
Currently we run Postfix with Kaspersky AVP and avpkeeper which allows us to
specify which addresses are to be scanned, however this set up is, to put it
nicely, flaky.

What I aim to do is run Postfix with DrWeb and avcheck, however we have a
prerequisite that we can have essentially a list of email addresses to be
scanned.
The solution doesn't have to be in avcheck itself - if anyone knows an easy
way to do this with for example Postfix's canonical maps then I'm open to
that sort of suggestion as well.

Failing that, I might look at writing some sort of db functionality into
avcheck. Yes this would mean a performance hit, but for anyone that's used
avpkeeper before, it'd still be an order of magnitude better than our
current set up.

Cheers

Luke Dudney
Systems Administrator
WestNet - WA's Statewide Internet Provider
Phone: 9218 2600 - Fax: 9218 2666
http://www.westnet.com.au
AOL keyword: SPARKY