[Avcheck] cyrus and virtualusertable.db

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Thu, 09 May 2002 16:29:26 +0400

victor davityan wrote:

> hello
>
> there's a problem after aplying avcheck.m4 to sendmail.cf
> sendmail seems doesn't check against virtualusertable.db.
> so mail to user@virtual.domain cause an error "User unknown"
> what am i doing wrong ?

Victor, I'm aware of your question.  Unfortunately, none of
core developers are using Sendmail.  I'm waiting for my friend,
who is contributed Sendmail stuff, to return from vacation in
order to answer that.  This is a critical bug it seems, I don't
want to make a new release without answering to this and other
similar questions about Sendmail.  I stopped using Sendmail
about 4 years before.

Anyway, it seems for Sendmail, it's the best to use milter
interface -- with that, no mail leaves sendmail while checked
for viruses, and all should be ok with "unknown users" and the
like.  Avcheck has no support for libmilter, and I doubt it
will in the near future (for this, someone should contribute
the code of acceptable quality, and perhaps become responsible
for it here).

If the issue will not be resolved in several days (in a week
after Victory day here in Russia), I'll remove all references
to Sendmail from avcheck page and documentation.