[Avcheck] uchroot and killall -HUP question

Kapp Kapter skapter@jacobsinteractive.com
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:42:16 -0500 (CDT)

Forgive my inexperience with uchroot and restarting
daemons.  Your insights would be most welcome.

I installed my DrWeb software and start my DrWeb
daemon per the avcheck README.DrWeb:

contents of /etc/init.d/drweb:
nice \
  /var/spool/drweb/uchroot -u avdaemon /var/spool/drweb \
  /drwebd -ini:/drweb32.ini

The daemon starts just fine and does it job until it comes
time to update the virus signatures.

At the end of the DrWeb-provided update.pl script is the
command:
killall -HUP drwebd

and sure enough it kills and restarts the daemon.
The DrWeb logs show a very normal restart of the daemon
until this error message:
No valid sockets created!
The daemon tries once again to start with the same result:
No valid sockets created!

So the daemon tries but fails to restart after receiving the
HUP signal.

So I have to issue the /etc/init.d/drweb command again to
get the daemon running again.

What am I missing or not understanding in this scenario?
I am assuming it may be chroot thing I don't have set up
correctly and the daemon is using a wrong socket path
during a restart?

thanks for your time,

--Kapp