[Avcheck] avpcheck Problem

Juri Haberland haberland@altus.de
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:47:45 +0200

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I sent mail to hostmaster@bigfoot.de via /sur/sbin/sendmail. The reinjection
> from avpcheck was denied, because bigfoot.de does not exist.
>
> Look at this transcript:
>
> Transcript of session follows.
>
>    Out: 220 mate.bln.innominate.de ESMTP Postfix
>    In:  HELO localhost
>    Out: 250 mate.bln.innominate.de
>    In:  MAIL FROM:<Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com>
>    Out: 250 Ok
>    In:  RCPT TO:<douglsab@bigfoot.com>
>    Out: 250 Ok
>    In:  RCPT TO:<hostmaster@bigfoot.com>
>    Out: 250 Ok
>    In:  RCPT TO:<hostmaster@bigfoot.de>
>    Out: 554 <hostmaster@bigfoot.de>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found
>
> Session aborted, reason: lost connection
>
> An although two recipients were OK, the mail was NOT sent...

Actually I had also problems with bigfoot.de when I switched our Suns
from Exim/Sendmail to Postfix. Suddenly mails to bigfoot.de where
deferred because:
postfix/smtp: warning: no MX host for bigfoot.de has a valid A record
postfix/smtp: 8A42EB1566: to=<someone@bigfoot.de>, relay=none,
delay=7578, status=deferred (Name service error for xxx.xxx.de: Host not
found)

What buffles me is the message "xxx.xxx.de: Host not found".

A couple of days later it worked again. It looks like they have
sometimes trouble with their DNS...