[Avcheck] avpcheck Problem

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:51:21 +0200

Am 27.07.2001 um 11:47:45 +0200 schrieb Juri Haberland folgendes:

> Actually I had also problems with bigfoot.de when I switched our Suns
> from Exim/Sendmail to Postfix. Suddenly mails to bigfoot.de where
> deferred because:
> postfix/smtp: warning: no MX host for bigfoot.de has a valid A record
> postfix/smtp: 8A42EB1566: to=<someone@bigfoot.de>, relay=none,
> delay=7578, status=deferred (Name service error for xxx.xxx.de: Host not
> found)
>
> What buffles me is the message "xxx.xxx.de: Host not found".
>
> A couple of days later it worked again. It looks like they have
> sometimes trouble with their DNS...

This has been going on for days now. Is that maybe one of the rare
cases where "ignore_mx_lookup_error = yes" makes sense?

gulliver:~$ host -t MX bigfoot.de
bigfoot.de MX record currently not present
gulliver:~$ host -t A bigfoot.de
bigfoot.de A record currently not present
gulliver:~$ host -t CNAME bigfoot.de
bigfoot.de CNAME record currently not present

That's ridiculous! They DON'T WANT any mail!

--
ralf.hildebrandt@innominate.com                            innominate AG
Technical Consultant                   Don't be afraid of what you see -