[Avcheck] Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:19:16 +0400

Geir Thomassen wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I hope this list is for ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/avpcheck/avpcheck.c
> since I can't find any program called avcheck. If not, please
> be gentle with me ...

I plan to implement support for other antiviruses in avPcheck,
so it will be called avcheck (without P) some time.  So yes,
this is a correct list.

> Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?
>
> * Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP) for Linux Servers
>
> or
>
> * Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP) for Sendmail/Qmail/Postfix

Latter is the same as former, but with additional scripts/tools
for various mailers.  Or, latter is the addon for former.
Where you find the above products?  Can you give an url for
them?  I'm not so shure...  In the past, kaspersky labs has
two products: AVP for server and AVP for workstation.  Former
included the above scripts together with AVPWKSTA.  Now them
changed their packaging somewhat, so my knowlege isn't up
to date.  Basically, you need only virusscanner (daemon)
with antivirus bases, their scripts/addons not used with
avpcheck.