[Avcheck] Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?

Juri Haberland haberland@altus.de
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:31:33 +0200

Michael Tokarev wrote:

> Geir Thomassen wrote:

> > Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?
> >
> > * Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP) for Linux Servers
> >
> > or
> >
> > * Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP) for Sendmail/Qmail/Postfix
>
> Latter is the same as former, but with additional scripts/tools
> for various mailers.  Or, latter is the addon for former.
> Where you find the above products?  Can you give an url for
> them?  I'm not so shure...  In the past, kaspersky labs has
> two products: AVP for server and AVP for workstation.  Former
> included the above scripts together with AVPWKSTA.  Now them
> changed their packaging somewhat, so my knowlege isn't up
> to date.  Basically, you need only virusscanner (daemon)
> with antivirus bases, their scripts/addons not used with
> avpcheck.

Have a look at http://www.kaspersky.com/products.asp?allproduct=1&fos=3

I'm a bit confused when I look at the prices:
On the english page it costs US$371.28, on the german page US$560 ...

Actually I'm also wondering whether it would be legal to install the
workstation version on a mail gateway, as it also contains the daemon...

Juri