[Avcheck] Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:46:59 +0400

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

[]
> > Actually I'm also wondering whether it would be legal to install the
> > workstation version on a mail gateway, as it also contains the daemon...
>
> One might argue that it's just using one user (just "avpd")

This is funny, really.  This way, one can say that many products
licensed per-user *always* works for *one* user.  Think about e.g.
postfix that works as user "postfix" (well, not quite, as it changes
uids when delivering local mails), or apache that works as user
"apache" *always* (suexec is somewhat different), etc, etc.
I don't think it is *this* legal.