[Avcheck] Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:54:08 +0400

Geir Thomassen wrote:

> Michael Tokarev wrote:
[]
> > I plan to implement support for other antiviruses in avPcheck,
> > so it will be called avcheck (without P) some time.
>
> Nice, I hope that you will add the ability to run more than one
> scanner at once ..

This popped up again, so it should be important...  Avpcheck
started as very trivial program (and it still fits in this
category), as a quick hack to glue avp and postfix together
(and it is not limited to work with postfix, actually any
mailer will do).  I want it to be as simple as it is now,
really.  For example, adding another AV I see as compiling
it with some #define, like "cc -DAVP avcheck.c" or
"cc -DDRWEB avcheck.c" etc.  Well, ok, might be...
I'm still somewhat unfamiliar that so small  program
ever has it's own mailinglist... ;)

[]
> KL has at least two web sites:
>
> http://www.kaspersky-labs.com/
>
> and
>
> http://www.kaspersky.com/

And www.viruslist.com also their one (and interesting one!).
And www.avp.ru, Russian-language site (this one is most
closest to me, as I'm in Russia too).

> > I'm not so shure...  In the past, kaspersky labs has
> > two products: AVP for server and AVP for workstation.  Former
> > included the above scripts together with AVPWKSTA.  Now them
> > changed their packaging somewhat, so my knowlege isn't up
> > to date.  Basically, you need only virusscanner (daemon)
> > with antivirus bases, their scripts/addons not used with
> > avpcheck.
>
> This means that the cheapest option will do, even a personal
> linux licence ...  (except that for moral reasons, you should
> buy a server licence !)

Exactly.  May be not only moral reasons (how to call a reasons
that prohibits software "pirating"?).