[Avcheck] Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?

Geir Thomassen gthomassen@networkgroup.no
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:43:50 +0200

Michael Tokarev wrote:

> Geir Thomassen wrote:
>
>>Hi !
>>
>>I hope this list is for ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/avpcheck/avpcheck.c
>>since I can't find any program called avcheck. If not, please
>>be gentle with me ...
>>

> I plan to implement support for other antiviruses in avPcheck,
> so it will be called avcheck (without P) some time.

Nice, I hope that you will add the ability to run more than one
scanner at once ..

>>Which Kaspersky product should I use with avcheck ?
>>
>>* Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP) for Linux Servers
>>
>>or
>>
>>* Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP) for Sendmail/Qmail/Postfix
>>

> Latter is the same as former, but with additional scripts/tools
> for various mailers.  Or, latter is the addon for former.
> Where you find the above products?  Can you give an url for
> them?

Have a look at:

http://www.kaspersky.com/products.asp?allproduct=1&fos=3

KL has at least two web sites:

http://www.kaspersky-labs.com/

and

http://www.kaspersky.com/

> I'm not so shure...  In the past, kaspersky labs has
> two products: AVP for server and AVP for workstation.  Former
> included the above scripts together with AVPWKSTA.  Now them
> changed their packaging somewhat, so my knowlege isn't up
> to date.  Basically, you need only virusscanner (daemon)
> with antivirus bases, their scripts/addons not used with
> avpcheck.

This means that the cheapest option will do, even a personal
linux licence ...  (except that for moral reasons, you should
buy a server licence !)

Regards,
   Geir