[Avcheck] attachments not scanned

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:48:35 +0400

Ward van Wanrooij wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed avpcheck and a trial edition of AVP today.
>
> I configured everything according to the HOWTO, and read about every
> message abut avpcheck in the postfix mailing lists. Mails get scanned by
> avpcheck, however it never finds a single virus. I use the following
> commandline to start avpcheck:
>
> /usr/bin/env - HOME=/ /bin/nice /usr/local/bin/uchroot -u avpd
> /var/spool/avp ./kavdaemon -Y -O -dl -V -pb -* -MD -MP -W+ -f=/ctl -r
> /tst
[]

Well, kavdaemon wan't inspect mails now in trial mode.  Older AvpDaemon
was ok in this respect.  I just uploaded old version at
 ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/avpcheck/AvpDaemon
(sorry KasperskyLabs! ;) that may be used to test if things are working.
I'll upload their whole package later today.  Note that this is in NO
way related to kaspersky labs, i'm independant of them, so my ftp
area can't be treated as "official" avp mirror or somesuch.

And note please that by adding more options you risk to a) fill up
your space in /var/spool/avp/ (as daemon will write logs etc -- at
least configure it so it will truncate them sometimes), and may
confuse avpcheck that will not expect some too verbose responses
from avpdaemon.