[Avcheck] An idea stolen from amavis-users :)

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:41:53 +0200

> My thought is maybe only sending one infection
> notification a day for each unique offender and
> offending virus and just report the rest of them
> to the adminitrator of the offended mail-server.

 This raises a valid point. This is basically how vacation
 works (it keeps a database of senders, so that they get
 only one reply).

 Amavis does not currently report to the administrator
 of the originating server (e.g. postmaster@<virus-sender-domain-part>).
 I did this here for a while, but then removed it for
 privacy reassons.

 How do you report to the "administrator of the offending mail server"?
 There are many sites that don't even have a postmaster address/alias
 (violating the relevant RFCs).

That "vacation style"-idea sounds nice. Maybe we should create a
wishlist for avcheck. OTOH, it's nice to keep the program as simple as
possible.

--
ralf.hildebrandt@innominate.com                            innominate AG
Technical Consultant                   Don't be afraid of what you see -