[Avcheck] AvpDaemon

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:09:54 +0400

Nacho Ruiz wrote:

> Hi there,
> can someone please send me a valid Avpdaemon file that works with a trial key?
> I tried the new kavscanner Version 3.0  build 136 and seems no attachment
> is checked.

Yes, them released new build with changed daemon (and tools) name,
AND without ability to scan attactments without a valid key.
So there is no way no to "evaluate" kavdaemon officially, using
only www/ftp access.

You can grab old version from my ftp area.  Use this url:

 ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/avpcheck/hidden/AVPWSLinux-3.0.135.tgz

(last directory does not permit read access.  BTW, can someone
explain why there are *so* many users (most from windoze) out
there who connects to my ftp server and downloads all of it??
I uploaded the above file some time ago, but noticied that it
downloaded way too frequently as a part of whole directory;
but I'm not a mirror of kaspersky!).

Note that the above file, while was downloaded from kaspersky
ftp server some time ago, is no way "official", and I'm not
in any way relate to kaspersky labs.

> Btw, is strange that in the avpcheck.HOWTO, the author mentions the file:
> Permissions and files in /var/spool/avp:
> drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 1024 Jan 24 18:26 .
> drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 1024 Jan 24 12:45 ..
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 454656 Jan 23 12:06 AvpDaemon
>
> but when he starts the daemon writes:
> ./kavdaemon -dl -f=/ctl /tst /dev/null
>
> What to use? AvpDaemon or kavdaemon?

Well, use both... ;)  AvpDaemon is an old name, build 135 and less.
kavdaemon is a new name.  This is a small typo due to name change.