[Avcheck] Announce: avcheck-0.1 release

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:20:19 +0400

First packaging "release" of avcheck is available at
 ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/avpcheck/avcheck-0.1.tar.gz

It contains built-in support for DrWeb antivirus daemon,
and some examples of (customizable) `infected' script
that called from avcheck in case of infected mail.
There is now a manpage for avcheck(1).
I also packaged uchroot utility for easy of install.

One example (infected.ex2) is that we're using here
right now (with minor tweaks like setting hostname,
administrator address and the like).  This script
generates English/Russian messages (we're Russians! ;),
and can easily be adopted to use other languages as well.

Note that DrWeb support is still not tested wery well,
but should work.

This release introduces major incompatibility with
former avpcheck.c program -- I remover many command-line
options from avcheck and moved that functionality to
`infected' script (all infected mail handling is there
now).  Since I received zero feedback for my previous
announces about this, I feel it is ok ;).  Another
incompatibility is requiriment to specify antivirus
engine type in avcheck's commandline (-t option).
Please review your settings and make appropriate
tweaks in master.cf file, and do not forget to
place appropriate `infected' program.  Note: all
long-named options are gone, as there are a few
options exists.

I plan to write some more READMEs and such soon.
For now, please read avcheck(1) manpage, especially
SECURITY section.

Fell free to contact me or the list for any comments
etc.

For now, previous avpcheck.c program is still available
at my ftp area, and directory still named `avpcheck'
(note "p" character).