[Avcheck] Starting problems

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 19:08:26 +0400

Fridtjof Busse wrote:

[]
> But I'm getting the "virus found error messages" from postfix:
>
> This is the Postfix program at host merlin.fbunet.de.
[]
> <test@fbunet.de>: service unavailable. Command output: Message didn't
> pass the
>     virus check: infected: EICAR-Test-File
>
> How do I get the user defined error messages from avcheck?

Did you use avpcheck or avcheck from last .tar.gz package?
If latter, then look to infected script, at the end of it.
Simple rule: either it sends (customizable) message to
sender AND exits with 0 (success) or it writes some
text to stderr (like "Message didn't pass the virus check")
and exit with EX_UNAVAILABLE.  What you see is the latter
(-e option for avPcheck does the same, -b is to send bounce
from avpcheck itself).

If you're using infected.ex1 example, then comment out last
line started with "echo \"Message ...", and uncomment a line
 # send alert (complete message aka bounce) back to sender, omit rcpts
 #sendrep f "" "$SENDER"
above.

I personally recommend to use infected.ex2 as a base -- it is
more complicated, but it sends different text to different
persons, and adds some instructions to that mails (so that
recipient will know what to do).