[Avcheck] Starting problems

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:10:05 +0200

Am 13.08.2001 um 12:31:09 +0200 schrieb Fridtjof Busse folgendes:
> > How are the custom virus-warnings sent? Using sendmail? Does sendmail
> > have "content_filter = ..." set?
>
> Yes, my postfix has content_filter=avcheck and  runs nice.
> Only if I uncomment a line in infected so that root gets the
> mailheaders, I get tons of mails with MAILER_DAEMON and avcheck sends
> the mail back to himself (logfile has been sent on this list somewhere).

I've seen that. There's a new option in avpcheck:

-S and -V both specify how to send infected mail,

 -S,--sendmail sendmail_path - path to sendmail-compatible executable
              if starts with a slash, or host:port (default localhost:smtp) to
              speak SMTP protocol
 -V,--vsendmail sendmail_path - the same as --sendmail above, used only
                to send virus alerts and bounces (not a normal mails)

--
Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people