[Avcheck] Starting problems

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:19:20 +0400

Fridtjof Busse wrote:

> > How are the custom virus-warnings sent? Using sendmail? Does sendmail
> > have "content_filter = ..." set?
>
> Yes, my postfix has content_filter=avcheck and  runs nice.
> Only if I uncomment a line in infected so that root gets the
> mailheaders, I get tons of mails with MAILER_DAEMON and avcheck sends
> the mail back to himself (logfile has been sent on this list somewhere).

Please, for now, loose global content_filter, and set it up in
master.cf file after normal "smtp inet ... smtpd" line, as I
described earlier.

Ralf, this is another problem with avcheck-0.1 (what I announced),
and there is no such option like -V now.  Problem is different,
and I know what's happened:

currently, the only ability to submit a mail from `infected' script
(now *it* is used as "external" to avcheck program) is to use
/usr/sbin/sendmail that will mark incoming mail as "to be scanned".
Nothing can be configured for avcheck itself, but in script.
I'm working around this and have very nice solution.

But for now, the only way to go is to move content_filter=avscan
from global main.cf to particulat master.cf entry.  Sorry.