[Avcheck] Re: Two question ;)

voder@ats.pl voder@ats.pl
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:13:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> [CC'd to avcheck@list.innominate.org]
>
> voder@ats.pl wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> >
> > > voder@ats.pl wrote:
> > > Grrr...  I can't understand this.  Look to `avpcheck -h' output:
> >
> > Yep i do it and try this options by:
> >
> > >     recipients (-M/-A)
> >
> > When i use a -M options i send to recipients info about vir and
> > orginal txt message and virused attachment...
> >
> > When i use a -A options i send to recipients info about vir and
> > headers but i don`t get a orginal txt message.
> >
> > I want, when attachment has a virus send info to recipients
> > about it and a original txt message without viruses...(with option
> > -M avpcheck send it to recipient,too)
>
> Aha, so you want to cut attachtment only, leaving other parts of
> message intact, when sending to recipients, yes?  I.e. something
> in between "only headers" and "complete original message"?

Yep, exactly...

> But your (or amavis) idea looks interesting to me too.  While
	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don`t known an amavis has this options :))) I shortly test an amavis...
Only two different info message about viruses (different for recipients
and different for sender) interesing me in an amavis..

> I myself doesn't need this (in 99.9% of infected mails, message
> consists from only attachtment, no text), but others can need

Yep, Outloogrrrk Viruses mail have not a message, but when a sender
send mail and attach a files (np. with CIH ;P) it was be a good idea.

> It seems that avcheck may become a "system to handle infected
> mails" (as opposite to "a glue between virusscanner and mailsystem")
> in some future... ;)

:))))
P.s Sorry for my English, but i go to language school in September ;)))

--
Dariusz Rubinkiewicz		 ats 26-600 Radom ul. Zeromskiego 75/208
Sys&Net Admin of :ats internet   voder@ats.pl  tel.(048) 3660030 ext. 30