[Avcheck] Re: Two question ;)

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:48:53 +0400

voder@ats.pl wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Michael Tokarev wrote:

[]
> > Aha, so you want to cut attachtment only, leaving other parts of
> > message intact, when sending to recipients, yes?  I.e. something
> > in between "only headers" and "complete original message"?
>
> Yep, exactly...
>
> > But your (or amavis) idea looks interesting to me too.  While
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I don`t known an amavis has this options :))) I shortly test an amavis...
> Only two different info message about viruses (different for recipients
> and different for sender) interesing me in an amavis..

Well, I don't know if amavis has it either (I thought it has based
on your mails ;).  A question: why notivication should differ
for recipients and for sender?  Text describing what's happened
can be the same (system received infected message...).  I think
that a real requiriment is only to have ability to control if
*original* message is included into notification or not (or to
what extent).

> > I myself doesn't need this (in 99.9% of infected mails, message
> > consists from only attachtment, no text), but others can need
>
> Yep, Outloogrrrk Viruses mail have not a message, but when a sender
> send mail and attach a files (np. with CIH ;P) it was be a good idea.

Yes, I see.

> > It seems that avcheck may become a "system to handle infected
> > mails" (as opposite to "a glue between virusscanner and mailsystem")
> > in some future... ;)
>
> :))))
> P.s Sorry for my English, but i go to language school in September ;)))

Don't worry, be happy! ;)  And have a nice time learning the stuff!
(Well, my English isn't good either, and I still can't find a time
to learn it more...)