[Avcheck] kavdaemon init Skript

Geir Thomassen gthomassen@networkgroup.no
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:39:43 +0200

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My first try at a kavdaemon init Skript. Attached.

Good work, for a RedHat system the script should have a "chkconfig:"
and a "description:" tag:

#!/bin/sh
#
# startup/shutdown script for kavdaemon for use with avpcheck.
#
# chkconfig: 2345 78 32
#              for the postfix mail system.
#

The chkconfig line tells the system that the default configuration is to
start kavdaemon in runlevels 2,3,4 and 5, and that the script should be
symlinked as S78kavdaemon and K32kavdaemon. Postfix is started with
S80postfix and stopped with K30postfix, so this should start kavdaemon
before postfix, and stop postfix before stopping kavdaemon. (I have *not*
tried this, this is all theory ...)

Regards,
     Geir