[Avcheck] what if avp hangs

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:29:56 +0200

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 09:07:13AM +0200, Piotr Klaban wrote:

> Do you have any solution at your sites for the situation,
> when AVP (or drweb etc.) hangs? I have found one file,
> that causes AVP child process exits with SIGBUS.
> This is development avp release and I have contacted the
> right man. But the problem exists - avcheck waits for the reply,
> and is stopped with the message:
>=20
> deferred (Command time limit exceeded: "/var/spool/avp/avcheck")
>=20
>=20
> deferred (temporary failure. Command output: avcheck: \
>  unable to connect to antivirus daemon: No such file or directory )

I could hack a little daemontools setup for AvpDaemon/kavdaemon! This
would at least solve the "daemon crashes" problem.

> Resterting avp and issuing 'postfix flush' does not help because
> the problemmatic message is sent again to the avcheck/avp
> and hangs the viruscheck process again.

Jup.

--=20
Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people
Official postfix-users mantra: post FULL log information when asking
questions, since most of us have no ESP abilities.

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1--