[Avcheck] Re: Porting avcheck to Solaris

Piotr Klaban makler+avcheck@man.torun.pl
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:21:06 +0200

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 09:37:46AM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> Say, what does the AvpUpdate/kavupdate do? I mean it depends on wget
> (in the Linux version at least). I'd prefer to lose
> AvpUpdate/kavupdate entirely and use wget --mirror (or soemthing like
> that).

It does the similar thing as 'wget --mirror'.
It is described at http://oskin.msk.ru/avpe.html
and is available for download from:
ftp://oskin.macomnet.ru/pub/linux/misc/

I looked into the source deeper now - it is not written
for speed (it is a perl script), but has mostly clean implementation.
It does the same as 'wget -m', but looks into the avp.klb and avp.set file
for sizes and modification times. wget and other ftp mirroring
methods can be based only on the 'ls -l' listing results.
FTP method would not work properly on some mirrors that
do not preserve modification times (there was such avp mirror
in Poland).

--
Piotr Klaban