[Avcheck] Running kavdaemon supervised

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:04:13 +0200

Letting kavdaemon run supervised (using djb's daemontools) sounds like a
good idea. Problem: kavdaemon doesn't have a "stay in foreground" option.

Right now, I'd use this as "run" script, except for the "stay in foreground"
bit:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 2
cd /var/spool/avp
/usr/bin/env - HOME=/ \
/var/spool/avp/uchroot -u avpd /var/spool/avp \
./kavdaemon -dl -f=/ctl /tst

Maybe "setuidgid" and "envdir" can make the whole thing more "stylish".
And with "fghack" I could disable backgrounding of kavdaemon. Comments?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155
                                            Fax.  +49 (0)30-450 570-916