[Avcheck] Sender address revriting for avcheck reports

Wojciech Wieckowski Wojciech.Wieckowski@ppi-etc.com.pl
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:07:09 +0100

Hi

I know that my problem isn't strictly related to avcheck but with this
excellent solution I lost possibility to notify external clients about
viruses in their messages.

Is it possible to force postfix to set valid for my domain sender address as
Return-Path?
I know that it breaks RFC1123 (5.3.3) rquirements, but this is the only way
to send such notifications by my provider's relayhost.
Unfortunately their SMTP server rejects messages with empty MAIL FROM:<>
fields.
I'm affraid that I'm not in position to force them to redefine their
security policies. In fact in my case using external relay host isn't
mandatory, but very comfortable.
I thinked also about conditional using of relayhost on the basis of sender's
address, but if I good understood transport_maps provide this functionality
only for recipient hosts/domains.

My SMTP session example:

220 uucp.my.provider ESMTP rw-NORELAY2; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:29:09 +0100
EHLO mailserver.my.domain
250-uucp.my.provider Hello IDENT:postfix@mailserver.my.domain
[123.123.123.123], pleased to meet you
250-8BITMIME