[Avcheck] Sender address rewriting for avcheck reports

Wojciech Wieckowski Wojciech.Wieckowski@ppi-etc.com.pl
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:58:28 +0100

Michael Tokarev wrote:
<...>
> Well, you can work around this problem -- you can modify the `infected'
> script to force some meaningful return address.  Find all occurences
> where it sends a mail and change -f "" into -f some@add.re.ss.  But
> please note that virus notifications are like bounces and should use
> empty return address.  And you will be unable to send bounces from
> your postfix anyway -- "normal" bounces due to delivery problems.

Yeah! Big shame for me that I've stopped hacking Infected script on the
first occurence of sendmail call (I was in a hurry, you will see why).
Now all the notifications pass this bloody relay without any problems.

BTW, avcheck+kavdaemon tandem became very reliable testing environment for
system stability. I had to downgrade complex 2.4.13-ac kernel to older and
hardly simplified one because of some system crashes with "Oops. Unable to
handle kernel paging request..." during kav scanning. :)

>BTW, do you know that your MX record is set up incorrecty too?
This is another ISP trick that I haven't been informed about! Recently there
were two valid A records in a completely different subnet.

Ralf: www.rfc-ignorant.org
Yes, they are already there :)

Thanks for a very good piece of work and all your support.
--
Wojtek