[Avcheck] Re: text message shouldn't be scanned?

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 23:12:21 +0300

adi wrote:

[]
> This is 'slightly' not true if using drweb (eval. version).
> In this test, I compiled avcheck and avnull statically using
> dietlibc.

So, with a table:

         DrWeb   Avp
avcheck  54sec   14sec
avnull   15sec   11sec

Interesting results.  The bottom line should be the same, and 14sec
with Avp should be greather than 15sec avnull...  Anyway, the difference
between Avp and DrWeb is significant.

[]
> May I come to conclusion that AvpDaemon is faster than drwebd? :-)

May be.  When I first switched to DrWeb (4.25), it was faster.  I not
tried to meashure performance -- that was purely "empirical", I saw
how the system operates when delivering complex messages.  Well, you
intrigued me -- a time to do more aggressive testing.  Note that with
4.27 version, DrWeb have "antispam" features (i.e. it can substitute
postfix's header/body checks) -- may be this is the source of a slowdown.
I upgraded drweb yesterday but did no stresstesting (And no, avcheck
has no support for this new feature).