[Avcheck] inclusion / exclusion of envelope recipients

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:15:46 +0300

Michael Tokarev wrote:

> Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 04:49:24PM +0800, Luke Dudney wrote:
> >
> > > What I aim to do is run Postfix with DrWeb and avcheck, however we have a
> > > prerequisite that we can have essentially a list of email addresses to be
> > > scanned.
> >
> > Try two different domains:
> >
> > luser@foo.bar    luser@scanning.foo.bar
> > luser2@foo.bar   luser2@nonscanning.foo.bar
> >
> > and then use a per-domain transport
>
> Ralf, I fail to see how this can be done.  Well ok, transport
> will work, maybe scanning.foo.bar should be directed to avcheck.
> But what's next?  What avcheck should do with verified mails?
> Also, how the envelope will look like in this case in virus
> alerts?  And how about outgoing mails, i.e. mails sent FROM
> luser@[scanning.]foo.bar ?

Hmm...  An idea.  How about teaching avcheck to add/remove some
part of recipient addresses?  Example:

 virtual map:
  luser@foo.bar   luser@foo.bar.avcheck

 transport:
  .avcheck:  avcheck

and avcheck should remove .avcheck suffix when resubmitting
mail back.   The above is an endless loop ofcourse, but I feel
that there is a clean way to avoid it somewhat -- e.g. to add
some another suffix or something like.  I'll think about this
while travelling to work, right now... ;) Obviously, no
content_filter mechanism will be invoked here.